Below is our official plan of action for when there is snow and ice from now through April 1, 2022. Follow us on Twitter @MizzouParking for updates or check the Twitter feed hosted on this website.
If there is snow or ice on campus that has been deemed unsafe by Campus Facilities:
- Top floor signs are down: Orange sign on the outside of the parking structure indicates if the top level is closed.
- Check the orange signs at the entrance:The orange top-level closed signs are the fastest way for us to get the information out. We will tweet about it, but probably not at 6 a.m. and we don’t send emails.
- Winter weather, park one level down: If top floors are closed, you can park one level down in the structure you are assigned to without getting a citation.
- Ramps belong to the level below: In all structures, the up and down ramps are assigned to the level below. You must be on the flat before you are on the next level.
- Can’t find a space in your assigned parking structure during top floor closures, call 573-882-4568 to receive help finding a space, check our Twitter account (@MizzouParking), or our website to see if we’ve announced that your location is officially full.
- If your location is full, we will communicate alternative parking locations on our Twitter account and website.
- It’s noon and we’ve re-opened the top floor: Don’t stress about moving your car early. If a half day opening happens, leave your vehicle on the lower level. Move your car to it’s assigned level before 7 a.m. the next day.
- Check our twitter account: This is where you’ll find out if Tiger Line isn’t running or scheduling changes due to weather.
- Be careful walking to and from your car: It’s impossible for us to shovel between vehicles. Watch for ice and snow.
- Tiger Line shuttles are running normal routes: If you download the app, you can sit in your warm car and watch in real time to know when the shuttle is getting close.
- General winter tips:
- 𝗗𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 in a 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗶 w𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿:
- Check @MoDOT to confirm roads are safe to drive
- Keep extra water, snacks, blankets, external phone battery and hand warmers in your car
- Always keep your tank half full in case you become stuck need to run your lights/heat
- If you become stranded or need roadside assistance on campus, assess the urgency of your situation and contact either roadside assistance, MUPD 573-882-7201 or 911.