Making fall parking registration easier for you
On May 7, you will receive an email telling you when you may purchase a fall parking permit. When your day comes, you can go to the Tiger Park Portal to purchase your permit.
We’ve put together a short list of dos and don’ts and some other tips to make the process faster and smoother.
- Know your license plate and whether your state uses numbers 0 and 1, letters O and I, or both. For example, if your plate is M1ZZ0U and you register MIZZOU, our license-plate recognition software will flag your vehicle for a citation.
- Bookmark this map of campus parking structures and lots. If you receive more than one parking option, you can quickly check which one is best for you.
- Please be patient with our parking staff when they answer your call. They work very hard to meet increased demand during peak parking permit registration.
- Do not register as a visitor. This will only delay your ability to request a permit.
- Do not log into the Tiger Park Portal on multiple devices at once. Again, this will just slow the process down — for you and everyone else.
What to expect
- If you’re a returning student living in an MU residence hall, or if you’re a graduate student or a professional student, you will receive priority parking in a core campus parking structure or lot.
- If you’re a freshman or transfer student living in a residence hall, you will most likely be assigned to a perimeter parking lot.
- If you’re living off campus in a private apartment, sorority or fraternity house, you will probably get a perimeter lot assignment — regardless of your proximity to campus. If you need overnight parking, you will be assigned to SG4, behind the Hearnes Center.
- If you’re an off-campus student who works on campus early in the morning (shift ends by 9 a.m.) or late at night (after 6 p.m.), you may be eligible for an AM or PM limited-time parking permission to accommodate your work schedule. Just send an email with the subject line “AM/PM permit” to email@example.com and let them know your name, your supervisor’s name, where you work and when. Once they verify your schedule, they will let you know your options.
About perimeter lots
- If you’re assigned to a perimeter lot, you can take the Tiger Line shuttles to-and-from core campus.
- Download the free GoMizzou app, choose map, then choose the Tiger Line icon in the bottom right-hand corner to see a real-time shuttle service map.
- During fall and spring semesters, while classes are in session, the shuttles run:
- SG4 – Hearnes: Monday–Friday, 5 a.m.–midnight; Saturday–Sunday, noon–midnight.
- AV14 – Trowbridge: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.- midnight; Saturday-Sunday, noon-midnight.
- RP10 – Reactor Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m.; no weekend shuttle service.
- Want someone to walk with you to or from your car? Call MUPD at 573-882-7201. A dispatcher will send a campus safety officer (CSO) to walk you to your vehicle or a university-owned building.
Pay parking citations and fight hunger
Donations for Citations is a new program that will allow alternative payment for up to three parking citations each year. Beginning June 1, you may donate 10 full-size, non-perishable items in lieu of paying the actual citation dollar amount. Your donations will go to Tiger Pantry, Mizzou’s on-campus food pantry for MU students, staff and faculty who are experiencing food insecurity or hunger. Bring your items to the Parking & Transportation Office (Turner Avenue Parking Structure) within five days of receiving a citation. Be sure to check tigerpantry.missouri.edu for acceptable items.
Donation for Citations applies only to citations for no permission, permission does not apply, and expired meter (up to $25 per citation, with a maximum of three per year).
Director of Parking & Transportation
Gary L. Ward
Vice Chancellor for Operations
And Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Parking kiosks installed in the following lots/garages:
For help, watch a tutorial video on using the kiosk.
These parking lots will continue to have single-space meters: AV2, HATCH, MUVL, PERSHING, RC8, WC7, WG10, WG11.
Student parking video